Viacom Warsaw Software Development Center is looking for a stellar and passionate Manager of Mobile Development, who will lead our growing team of highly skilled Android developers.
We need expert in delivering scalable, performance optimized solutions for our high-traffic, consumer-facing digital sites and apps developed for one of our brands, Nickelodeon. It’s all about innovation! If you are an experienced Engineering Manager willing to lead a team of Android developers, a creative problem solver, and love to create great software, then you may be reading about your next job right now!
What will you do?
You will be working as a part of fast-paced, cross-functional, Agile team, building highly optimized native Android experiences for kids, supporting brands like Nick, Nick Jr., and Noggin. As a hands-on manager, you will lead and mentor the team, share your knowledge about development in Java, provide feedback in design and code reviews, and promote best industry practices. By working closely with team’s Architect and external technical software partners, you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of high-quality native mobile apps. You will manage the technical roadmap of the products, provide accurate work estimations, review, execute, and maintain key technical decisions, standards, and policies. As a technical representative, you will clearly communicate the team’s path to your business partners, as well as assist with the recruitment process as a key voice on hiring decisions. In conjunction with Director, you will translate business requirements into technical ones and execute a vision and suggested principles with the team.
What skills do you have?
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Android software development with Java, and at least one additional language (C, C++, Python, Ruby, Scala, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience combined with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing and mentoring a mobile development team
- Successfully launched apps in the Google Play and Amazon Appstore
- Expert development skills including client-side technologies, design, architecture, and writing of clean, reusable, extensible, standards-compliant code
- Experience with Android testing specifics, including unit, functional and UI testing and applied knowledge of frameworks like Robolectric and Espresso
- Working experience with deducing problems using memory and rendering Android performance measuring tools
- Knowledge of advanced ways to execute flexible app architecture using dependency injection
- Leverage third-party SDKs to enhance effort at solving the business needs
- Strong understanding of OOD, and Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment techniques
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle
- Ability to write ‘just enough’ documentation
- Great communication skills, both with technical and non-technical team members
What will be your additional plus?
- Prior experience with adaptive video streaming technologies, digital advertising platforms, and/or web analytics integration
- Experience with launching streaming video media related apps in the Google Play and Amazon Appstore
- Familiarity with Android TV, Fire TV, Google Cast, and Amazon Appstore apps development
- Native mobile game development experience
- Proficiency in table tennis is a huge plus!
What do we offer?
Challenging projects targeting large international communities, using modern development and deployment technologies
An Agile and growing team of software engineers creating products accessible everywhere
Great benefits package: private healthcare, fitness card, and lots of team building events
Competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience and plenty of opportunities for personal and career development
Brand new office located in the strict city center (2 mins walk from Metro Politechnika) with cool fun zones
Last, but not least, we do great stuff for the global brands, such as Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Paramount!
Sounds just like you? Send us your CV in English via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.
To find out more about Viacom visit http://viacom.tech/link/linkedin/careers
Please, include in your documents the following personal data: name and surname, date of birth, your contact details you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history). Providing us with these data is obligatory (article 22¹ §1 of the Polish Labor Code).
If you wish to provide us with further information regarding yourself, then please provide us with the following consent:
“I hereby agree VIMN Poland sp. z o.o. with a registered office in Warsaw („VIMN”) to process my personal data included in my job application (CV/ Cover Letter) for the purposes of the recruitment process conducted by VIMN. This consent relates to my personal data which scope exceeds the scope of personal data required on basis of the Article 22¹ §1 of the Polish Labor Code.”
Providing us with personal data other than these referred to in article 22¹ §1 of the Polish Labor Code, without the above declaration, shall mean that you agree to their processing.
You have a right to withdraw your consent any time what will not affect the lawfulness of processing made on basis of the consent prior to its withdrawal.
BEFORE YOU APPLY – PLEASE READ AND SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA CONSCIOUSLY / Information in Polish is here: https://viacom.tech/careers/rodo/
Important notice regarding your personal data – please read!
1. Who is the data controller of your personal data?
The controller of your personal data, as well as entity whom you provide your job application with, is VIMN Poland sp. z o.o. with its registered office at Mokotowska 19, 00-560 Warsaw, e-mail: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org, hereinafter referred to as: „VIMN”.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer under: DataPrivacyRights@viacom.com
2. What is the purpose of processing of your personal data?
VIMN shall process your personal data for purposes of the performance of recruitment process related to the job position you are applying for.
3. What is the legal basis of the processing?
In case of the following personal data: name and surname, date of birth, contact details you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history), the legal basis for data processing is article 6 section 1c) of the GDPR* in connection with article 22¹ §1 of the Polish Labor Code.
In case of any further personal data, the legal basis for the processing is article 6 section 1a) of the GDPR*, i.e. your consent for their processing.
4. Who will have access to your personal data?
According to the binding provisions of Law, we are authorized to share your personal data with entities that process them on our behalf and in our name, such as: the owner of the internet platform via which you are applying to us, as well as the service provider of the server where we host our e-mail box by which we may contact you during the recruitment process. Additionally, access to your personal data shall have all the persons that are engaged in the recruitment process we are conducting now (i.e. our employees and/or subcontractors).
Bearing in mind that we are a part of an international capital group Viacom, an access to your personal data may also have other entities belonging to the group, including also the companies localized in the United States of America (USA) which (i.e. the entities) belong to the Privacy Shield and ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data.
The family of Viacom companies in the US (including Viacom, Inc. and Viacom International Inc.) obbey the rules of Privacy Shield, all important information regarding these you may find under: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
In case you have questions or complaints regarding us in view of the Privacy Shield, please reach us at: email@example.com
5. How long we shall keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept and processed for the period necessary to conduct the recruitment process you are taking part in.
In case of personal data which scope exceeds the scope referred to in article 22¹ §1 of the Polish Labor Code, they shall be processed on basis of your voluntary consent which you may withdraw any time. In case you withdraw your consent for their processing before the end of the recruitment process, we will immediately stop processing of such your additional personal data and limit of their processing only to the scope in line with article 22¹ §1 of the Polish Labor Code.
6. The rights you have in connection to your personal data being processed
You have a right to request from VIMN: (i) an access to your personal data, (ii) their rectification, (iii) erasure or (iv) restriction of processing or (v) to object to the processing, as well as (vi) the right to data portability.
In order to notify us of the above please contact us at: DataPrivacyRights@viacom.com
7. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
As we may process your personal data also on basis of the consent you granted to us, you can withdraw it any time what will not affect the lawfulness of the processing we made on basis of the consent prior to its withdrawal.
In order to withdraw the consent, please reach us at: DataPrivacyRights@viacom.com
8. Lodging a complaint to the Supervisory Authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority which is the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data (“Prezes Urzdu Ochrony Danych Osobowych”), www.uodo.gov.pl
9. Obligation to provide us with your personal data
Providing us with your personal data in a scope deriving from article 22¹ §1 of the Polish Labor Code is obligatory.
Providing any further personal data is voluntary.
10. Automated decision-making, including profiling
Your personal data shall not be subject to an automated decision making process, nor profiling.
- *What does the “GDPR” mean?
- GDPR is an abbreviation from the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27th April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.