Would you book a hotel without knowing anything about it? Neither would we! Here at trivago, we want to provide our users with the best and most relevant information to help them find the ideal hotel. To achieve this, our team is responsible to connect millions of hotels from many online booking sites to make our price comparison possible.
We are looking for experienced, entrepreneurial Java Engineers to help build and maintain our infrastructure and to improve the quality of our accommodation matching results. You will join a team of passionate software engineers, data analysts and product owners to provide the foundation of our platform and help millions of daily users find their ideal hotel at the best rate.
Are you up for the challenge? Read on and apply today!
What you'll do:
- Be a part of our agile team to contribute to the development of our current platform.
- Build a scalable and high-performing system for automated and manual matches in the AWS cloud.
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms to improve our matching algorithms.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members of other teams from tech and non-tech areas of trivago.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in Java development.
- 2+ years of experience building systems in the AWS cloud.
- Experience in implementation of machine learning pipelines in production environment.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following Amazon Web Services: Lambda, Kinesis, S3, Aurora, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Glue, Redshift, SageMaker.
- You thrive when writing code and building solutions.
- You enjoy working in a team that prefers shared responsibility over individual achievement.
- You are driven by pragmatism and outcome, rather than perfectionism.
- You speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we'd love you to have:
- Proven experience in building software from initial concept to final delivery.
- Be passionate about sharing your experience and knowledge with other engineers.
- A portfolio of software projects you have worked on.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/