Machine Learning Engineer
New York, NY
At Rocketrip, our most important asset is our data. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will drive user engagement with our platform through deep data analysis of use and travel industry data. We work with large sums of data and we’re looking for engineers who can help define how we should be leveraging this information to drive our product roadmap strategy. You will work with analysts, product managers, engineers, and senior leaders to design well-constructed analyses and deliver actionable results.
- Enhance our machine learning models with the latest in machine learning algorithms.
- Design and implement production data pipelines.
- Formulate experiments and conduct hypothesis testing.
- Independently collaborate with engineers, business stakeholders, and the data team to help make decisions based off of data.
- Manage end-to-end projects, from the conceptualization of a business problem, to prototyping, to deployment and monitoring.
- 3+ years of experience in self-managing an entire data science project in a production environment.
- Strong ML, Stats, and Software Engineering fundamentals.
- The basics: Python, Bash, Sklearn, Scipy, Pandas, SQL, familiarity with AWS suite, and the ability to write APIs.
- Experience in understanding a business problem, identifying a solution, communicating it, and then implementing it.
- The ability to operate outside of the framework of mainstream ML packages, i.e. the ability take a concept from white paper and implement it in production.
Here at Rocketrip, we...
- Are in high growth mode, so you will have the ability to make a huge impact.
- Offer great benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Provide employees with a 401k plan.
- Believe it's important to rejuvenate and offer a "take what you need" vacation policy.
- Have a dog-friendly office.
- Provide access to gym membership discounts.
- Also give access to a range of other discounts including Citibike and Zipcar.