Head of Data Science
Mughal & Associates
Mughal and Associates Corporate Recruitment is seeking a Head of Data Science to work for our client, a leading global Telecom company, located in Miami, FL.
The Head of Data Science plays a leadership position in the Customer Experience department. He/she is responsible for overseeing activities of the team that identifies and develops advanced analytics statistical models, machine learning methods and solutions to create the best in class Customer Experience. The Head of Data Science is responsible for the creation of new data sciences capabilities for the business by envisioning and executing strategies that will influence improvement of the businesss performance by enabling informed decision making.
- innovation within the business. Defines how the business creates additional value through the utilization of its data assets and analytics.
- Oversees the design and implementation of machine-learning models and other data science solutions to support the businesss initiatives and solve the problem at hand.
- Optimizes algorithms that are fundamental to the businesss products/services identifying better matches that will ultimately improve the consumer experiences.
- Collaborates and provides guidance to other Data and Analytics Teams across the Company in creating big data applications through the utilization of structured and unstructured data, designing optimal data architecture, and building new machine learning techniques.
- Oversees the analysis of businesss performance against data analysis model and monitor trends in key business KPIs, providing valuable insights for overall business performance improvement. Maintains a deep understanding the businesss marketplace dynamics which will help the business to better understand trends and behavior within these markets and settle on the most suitable strategies to drive success and achievements of goals and targets.
- Mentors team and carries out supervisory responsibilities (9 direct reports)
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, Economics or any other related quantitative field. Advanced degree is highly preferred.
- 7-8 years of Data Science experience developing Big Data applications and building predictive models.
- 3+ years of experience leading a high-performing team of data analysts that positively impact business performance.
- Experience working with unstructured data and advanced problems and models, probability and statistics, inclusive of machine learning, experimental design, and optimization.
- Experience working with Big Data applications using Spark/Scala and Hadoop ecosystems and related technologies.
- Highly proficient and experienced in scripting languages and have rapid prototyping skills. Fluency in SQL, Python, Perl, Java, VB, among others.
- Highly skilled in statistical and modeling packages such as SAS, Statistica, Matlab, R, visualization and other advanced analysis tools.
- Expert in data management programming such as SQL, PL-SQL, as well as being familiar win the workings of motion-tracking data and time-series analyses