Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only good training data can produce the best machine learning solutions. The AI world is starving for great training data, However, creating training data with high quality, in a scalable way, is very challenging and is being accomplished by very few companies. Appen has been the market leader in the training data generation field for more than 20 years and has generated the highest quality training data, including: content relevance, image & video, text and audio and data capturing.
The Appen Tech team is solving AI data problems by combining the power of humans and technology. This newly created and exciting Data Scientist position will manage and be responsible for building Appen’s intelligence solutions which include 2 major areas: 1) AI assisted Annotation, which includes image object annotation, video object tracking, audio/video transcription, NER and many other annotations through machine learning; 2) worker personalization as well as SEM optimization. We will generate deep worker insights for task allocation, fraud detection, SEM optimization and many more use cases. Our Shanghai, Silicon Valley and Sydney team members are responsible for driving innovations in the AI data industry and you will have an exciting opportunity to make a huge impact within an AI organization that brings high visibility, and a start-up culture.
- AI assisted Annotation, which includes image object annotation, video object tracking, audio/video transcription, NER and many other annotations through machine learning;
- Worker personalization as well as SEM optimization, generating deep worker insights optimizing task allocation, fraud detection, SEM optimization and many more use cases.
- Follow and drive AI data innovations through publishing papers, replicating the latest research, publishing blog posts as well as speaking at conferences to build Appen’s thought leadership platform;
- Provide complete solutions to business problems using data mining techniques, statistics and data analysis.
- Serve as subject matter expert and drive thought leadership in the areas of machine learning training data insights and optimizations.
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff, driving internal operational excellence, and career development for junior data scientists.
- 3-5 years experience
- MS degree or PhD (preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent is required
- Broad experience with various modelling algorithms, data mining tools, data analysis tools, and statistical packages
- Solid understanding of deep learning (DNN,CNN,RNN,…)
- Knowledge of semi-supervised learning, active learning and weak learning;
- Knowledge of NLP, Speech Recognition, Computer Vision, Video Understanding is a bonus.