DojoMojo is a partnership marketing platform that enables brands to connect through a digital marketplace. With over $200 billion in marketing partnerships each year, our mission is to build a "LinkedIn" network for marketing professionals to find each other, create partnerships, build audiences together and scale their businesses at a fraction of the cost of traditional paid channels through a trusted marketplace. We have over 6,000 brands on our network such as TheSkimm, Condé Nast, Casper, Hearst and Reebok. Since coming out of beta in 2017, we’ve acquired over ~1460 million emails for our customers.
Our platform has generated an abundance of data and we are looking for a Data Scientist to help us explore how to maximize the value within it, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver an even better product for our clients. You will lead the effort in analyzing millions of consumer profiles and building valuable insights for our clients through data mining techniques and statistical analysis, with the goal of helping brands and businesses to connect and create meaningful partnerships and engagements. You will also play an integral part in helping our engineering team build high quality integrated prediction systems which incorporate machine learning techniques and recommendation engines. This is a unique opportunity which has the potential to shape the product and growth trajectory of the company as a whole.
The ideal candidate must be highly analytical with a passion for data analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data but it is just as important to be consultative and focused on making practical and impactful recommendations for the company as well as our clients.
- Lead efforts on exploratory analytics to help shape the product roadmap and measure the success of new features and deliver a higher ROI to our customers
- Analyze large amounts of data to discover trends, patterns and similarities to create network graphs between brands and their customers and drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies
- Interpret ecosystems, user behaviors and trends into user and product recommendations
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets, using machine learning algorithms to make predictions on partnership value and consumer behavior
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Product teams to refine, optimize and automate the data collection process; help build predictive models, machine-learning algorithms and/or recommendation engines
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques; continually cleanse and optimize the data and collection process
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Experience in manipulating large data sets (using python and SQL), generating data insights and building statistical models, preferably with a focus on consumer insights, programmatic advertising or strategy consulting
- Strong statistical analysis and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development and discovering customer insights, patterns, and trends
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers (e.g. Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated, ambitious, detail-oriented, data-driven and organized mentality
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or relevant quantitative field
- Experience working with and creating data architectures preferred
Why You’ll Love this Job
The DojoMojo Team is a part of Innovation Department, an incubator building the next generation of startups. We work with smart, interesting people, and directly with entrepreneurs in our portfolio. If you love startups, and are keen to challenge yourself while working alongside amazing colleagues, we want to talk to you!
We can promise:
- Uncapped commission and opportunity to grow
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents, including commuter and FSA pre-tax benefits.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need.
- Summer Fridays from July 4th Weekend to Labor Day each year
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Soho, which we share with some of our exciting companies. We co-work with our portfolio companies and encourage cross-team learning.
- A vibrant and active culture including weekly catered lunches and breakfasts, happy hours, movie nights, sporting events, and a monthly book club.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.