Quantcast is hiring a Senior Modeling Scientist to work on the Inventory Performance Team in our London office. As a Senior Modeling Scientist, you will leverage our large datasets, computational power, and analytic tools to build high quality and diverse products to support Quantcast’s position as an exceptional leader in advertising. You will help lead our efforts in designing, implementing and operating large-scale machine learning systems in a production environment. The London Modeling team’s mission is to drive improved performance for advertisers by delivering relevant advertising across the digital advertising ecosystem. Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and operate statistical models and algorithms to deliver performance at scale
- Investigate modeling issues, identify root causes, and design solutions. Implement algorithms for production systems responsible for real-time audience targeting on Real Time Bidding (RTB) exchanges.
- Prototype solutions and conduct data analyses to tackle large-scale inference and control problems, improve existing ad targeting products and introduce new products to delight our customers.
- Build automated systems to optimize the supply chain and buy the best performing inventory.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to develop standard methodologies in campaign setup, execution and optimization.
- Generate and review proposals for further research and development directions. Participate in machine learning study group and present findings to partners as needed.
- M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of relevant industry experience, OR PhD with 2+ year of relevant industry experience.
- Expertise in one or more of these areas: classification, control systems, optimization, clustering, or recommendation systems.
- Fluency in Java, Python, PySpark or similar object-oriented programming / distributed computing languages.
- Experience in developing production software. Experience in Distributed Computing / MapReduce/ Spark Proven ability to lead technical projects from conception to production.
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time. Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and employs more than 700 employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.