Software Engineer Team Lead (Java/Python)
Who we want
Does automating tens of thousands of network connections excite you? How about enhancing matching across 100s of millions of product catalog entries? How about sub-second API response times for thousands of requests a second?
We are interested in individuals who have strong software engineering fundamentals (OO design, test-driven development, unit testing, code reuse, code reviews) as well as hands-on experience with highly scalable distributed systems across the full software lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy, support).
What you'll be doing
Team Leads at Bazaarvoice drive software initiatives from conception to delivery while driving engineering best practices and helping mentor talent. In addition, you will be designing and delivering solutions to scale and innovate on the World's Largest Network of Brands and Retailers. From enhancing product matching algorithms to improving tools that connect Consumer Generated Content between brands and retailers, your work will have a direct impact on making BV systems smarter.
* 30 days Become familiar with teams, technologies, process, and culture. Contribute some code to production.
* 90 days Lead one or more customer-impacting features from design to delivery. Be the go-to person for a software component.
* 6 months Develop an all-round understanding of the BV data stack. Actively engage with stakeholders and other senior engineers to define longer-term plans. Drive ongoing process improvements as appropriate. Mentor junior engineers.
Who you are
- 7+ years experience building software in a professional environment
- Prior technical leadership and/or mentorship experience
- Strong software development knowledge in different programming/scripting languages such as Java, C++, Python, or similar language
- Experience building high-performance, scalable algorithms
- Understanding of Agile / Lean software development methodologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud platforms
- You are hands-on and willing to dig into tough problems, willing to explore new areas, learn quickly, and apply your skills to challenging design issues
- Prior experience as a team lead or technical lead
- Experience using modern build tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Github, etc.
- Experience designing, implementing, and architecting Restful API's
- Familiarity with big data processing architectures for highly-available TB+ size data sets