AR Platform Software Engineer- Facebook Reality Labs
Come invent the future.
At Facebook Reality Labs(FRL), software development is vital to turbocharging our scientific explorations and generating viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come - products that will literally give people super powers.
If you're a C++ expert with deep knowledge of computer architecture, a love for solving novel problems from first principles, and an aptitude for optimization, you'll thrive in our collaborative environment.
Join a world-class team of pioneers experimenting with breakthrough technology. There are opportunities to work on operating systems, drivers, firmware, simulations, algorithms, databases, digital signal processing, machine learning, computer vision, networking, optimization, optics, graphics, audio, physics, displays, haptics, tracking, mapping, machine perception, demos, gameplay, user experiences and more. Partner with expert research scientists, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and other brilliant software minds to build cutting-edge prototypes and create the technology that makes AR/VR universal.
Step into the adventure of a lifetime, as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- Analyze, evaluate, design, develop, integrate, debug and test real-time AR and VR software for advanced prototypes and user experiences
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural trade-offs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems, mapping systems, imaging systems and haptic devices
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, educate others, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years recent C++ experience, including modern C++ features and principles
- 5+ years experience creating software for games, real-time systems or other high performance environments
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of computer architecture, including CPU data caching, SIMD instruction sets, and compiler code generation
- Experience with software development, including shipping one or more products using standard software development toolsets such as source control and continuous integration systems
- Optimization and problem solving experience
- Experience in 3D math and linear algebra
- Experience in 3D graphics
- Experience in game engines such as Unreal
- Experience in sensor fusion
- Experience in MATLAB
- Experience in Robotics
- Knowledge in advanced mathematics
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.