Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are the teams who create all of Facebook's products used by billions of people around the world. Want to build new features and improve existing products like Messenger, Video, Groups, News Feed, Search and more? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems? Facebook is seeking experienced Video Encoding Specialist to join our teams. You can help build the next-generation of products that help us connect the next billion people, create new features that have billions of interactions per day and be a part of a team thats working to help people connect with each other around the globe. Join us! This position is full-time and based in our Seattle, WA office.
- Lead the definition and implementation of media processing pipeline
- Build video ingest, processing and delivery pipelines
- Improve video experience on Facebook by optimizing video codecs
- Build and improve video processing algorithms to efficiently compress video at high quality
- Debug video playback issues across devices
- 4+ years with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AAC and other video and audio codec standards.
- Experience with at least one of Ffmpeg/x264/x265/libvpx.
- Experience writing or modifying video encoders
- Experience with container formats, transmuxing and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS)
- Experience with Software Development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally between groups with different video technologies and pipelines
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, EE or related field
- 6+ years experience in video processing
- Experience with software services, web and cloud technologies
- Experience with hardware accelerated video processing.
- Experience building Ffmpeg filters or have worked with Ffmpeg APIs.
- Experience with Open CL, DirectX and Intel Media SDK programming.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.