Who we are
At Lana Labs we build the next generation technology that aims to change the way companies do process analysis.
We are passionate about building high quality software, always challenging us to keep on learning and find solutions for new problems.
Our Process Mining engine is build on a modern stack of technologies and written in Scala that allows us to write fast code to deliver answers to complex data mining problems to the user in real time.
Our international team comprises experts in the domains of Business Process Management, Process Mining and Innovation Management, paired with strong knowledge in software development.
We believe that working together, having fun together and supporting each other is essential to achieve our goal; we’d love you to join our team on-site in Berlin.
Responsibilities as a Backend Developer
Our in-house developed process mining solution offers exciting tasks to work on, ranging from extending our Spark-based source agnostic data ingestion and transformation, increasing the performance of our algorithms for big data application to applying machine learning techniques to derive even more interesting insights from the data. We embrace a functional programming mindset in Scala in order write code that stands the test of time and is rewarding to work with.
As a backend developer you can expect to scope and carry out tasks independently with the full support of our development team. You should bring an attitude to tackle problems head-on and work together with the team towards finding the best solution for the challenges.
You care about code quality, software design, and understand the importance of code reviews.
Your contribution is important: Expect to write and commit code on the first day!
What you should bring to the table
- 2+ years of professional experience, preferably using JVM technologies (Scala, Kotlin, Clojure)
- Functional programming skills
- Skills in handling data structures for larger amounts of data
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark / Kafka / Columnar Databases)
- Experience in API design
Bonus points for experience with:
- Machine learning
- Testing / Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Docker / Kubernetes / Rancher
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- A beautiful office in Berlin Mitte/Kreuzberg
- Coffee, mate and more fun stuff
- A really nice, international team :)
- We adopt a real life penguin for each employee