Viacom.Tech in Warsaw plays a crucial role in Viacom`s global engineering organization. We build highly efficient, advanced systems which are used by millions of users all over the world. Currently, we are looking for a rock solid Scrum Master. We need someone with at least four years of experience who will be a servant leader that enables a team(s) to drive features forward, while also focusing on dependency management at the team level for 1-3 teams.
- Provides coaching around Agile frameworks and best practices for feature/project delivery, utilizing traditional project management approaches when needed
- Facilitates and/or supports Agile framework ceremonies for Agile teams
- Responsible for teaching and enforcing the values and principles of Agile, while promoting self-organization and constantly improving our standards of work
- Identifies, tracks, and removes impediments for feature/project and team success
- Facilitates the creation of a well-defined product backlog
- Ensures planning of go-live and deployment activities and facilitate their execution
- Ensures that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities
- Assists with resource allocation and effective capacity planning for the team to determine what team can take on in any given sprint
- Monitors sprint velocity and works with the team to determine how they can continue to improve velocity and recognize additional efficiencies as they mature
- Tracks and reports key project metrics, informing stakeholders as appropriate
- Manages feature/project delivery with respect to capital budgets
- Manages relationships with all invested parties, including (but not limited to): Product, Engineering, Brands/Audiences, and/or other key stakeholders
- Arbitrates and resolves conflict within the team
- Coordinates participation of different tech and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development, and implementation of key projects
- Shields the team from outside “noise” or distractions that prohibit them from being successful
- Learns, understands, and actively uses project management & ticket tracking software to effectively manage the team’s backlog and sprint-committed items
- 4+ years in Agile project management in a well-established, high-performing Agile software development environment with at least some dedicated teams
- Strong knowledge of Scrum and other Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
- Comfortable leading business and technology in vetting technical options
- Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills (including with an executive audience)
- Fluent English
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Master and/or other Agile certifications are very strongly desired
- Experience driving initiatives within a media company and/or in an online consumer-facing business environment preferred
- Ability to influence and motivate people to high levels of performance and teamwork
- Demonstrated working partnership with engineers (including QA), technical and business management, department heads, and product managers
- Strong knowledge and passion for Agile principles and practices
What do we offer?
- Challenging projects targeting large international communities, using modern development and deployment technologies
- An Agile and growing team creating products accessible globally
- Great benefits package: private healthcare, fitness card, and lots of team building events
- Competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience and plenty of opportunities for personal and career development
- Brand new office located in the strict city center (2 mins walk from Metro Politechnika) with cool fun zones
- Last, but not least, we do great stuff for the global brands, such as Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Paramount!
Sounds just like you? Send us your CV in English via e-mail to email@example.com
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.
To find out more about Viacom visit http://viacom.tech
BEFORE YOU APPLY – PLEASE READ AND SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA CONSCIOUSLY / Information in Polish is here: https://viacom.tech/careers/rodo/
Dear Applicant! Please keep in mind that your job application may contain your personal data such as, for example: name, surname, contact details (e-mail, mobile phone), education, professional experience etc.
Your response to this job advertisement and providing us with your job application (CV/ Cover letter) shall mean that you agree to the processing of your personal data included therein, for purposes of conducting the recruitment process related to the job position you are applying for.
You have a right to withdraw the consent any time what will not affect the lawfulness of processing made on basis of the consent prior to its withdrawal.
Keep in mind that providing us with information regarding your professional qualifications, obtained certificates or trainings/ courses you had may increase your chance in the recruitment process. This is only you, however, who decides what data to provide us with.
Important notice regarding your personal data – please read!
1. Who is the data controller of your personal data?
The controller of your personal data, as well as entity whom you provide your job application with, is VIMN Poland sp. z o.o. with its registered office at Mokotowska 19, 00-560 Warsaw, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com, hereinafter referred to as: „VIMN”.
2. What is the purpose of processing of your personal data?
VIMN shall process your personal data for purposes of the performance of recruitment process related to the job position you are applying for.
3. What is the legal basis of the processing?
Your personal data included in the job application you provided us with shall be processed on basis of a consent you gave us by responding to this job advertisement (i.e. article 6 section 1 a of the GDPR*). This is you who decides what personal data to disclose.
If we decide to invite you to the next level of the recruitment process, as well as if we decide to offer you the job position, and that will meet your interest, we will be processing your personal data in order to take steps prior to the conclusion of the contract (legal basis: article 6 section 1 b of the GDPR).
4. Who will have access to your personal data?
According to the binding provisions of Law, we are authorized to share your personal data with entities that process them on our behalf and in our name, such as: the owner of the internet platform via which you are applying to us, as well as the service provider of the server where we host our e-mail box by which we may contact you during the recruitment process. Additionally, access to your personal data shall have all the persons that are engaged in the recruitment process we are conducting now (i.e. our employees and/or subcontractors).
Bearing in mind that we are a part of an international capital group Viacom Inc., an access to your personal data may also have other entities belonging to the group, including also the companies localized in the United States of America (USA) which (i.e. the entities) belong to the Privacy Shield and ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data.
5. How long we shall keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept and processed for the period necessary to conduct the recruitment process you are taking part in, unless you withdraw your consent to the processing of your data before the recruitment process is finished. In such a circumstance, we will erase your data and shall stop their processing earlier.
6. The rights you have in connection to your personal data being processed
You have a right to request from VIMN: (i) an access to your personal data, (ii) their rectification, (iii) erasure or (iv) restriction of processing or (v) to object to the processing, as well as (vi) the right to data portability.
In order to notify us of the above please contact us at: DataPrivacyRights@viacom.com
7. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
As we will be processing your personal data on basis of the consent you granted to us, you can withdraw it any time what will not affect the lawfulness of the processing we made on basis of the consent prior to its withdrawal. In order to withdraw the consent, please reach us at: DataPrivacyRights@viacom.com
8. Lodging a complaint to the Supervisory Authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority which is the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data (“Prezes Urzdu Ochrony Danych Osobowych”, formerly: “Generalny Inspektor Ochrony Danych osobowych”).
9. Providing us with your personal data is voluntary
Please, remember that providing us with your personal data is voluntary, same as voluntary is your take part in the recruitment process we are conducting now. Providing us with your data is, however, necessary for us to include your application in the recruitment process.
10. Automated decision-making, including profiling
Your personal data shall not be subject to an automated decision making process, nor profiling.
*What does the „GDPR” mean?
GDPR is an abbreviation from the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27th April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.