Revl is seeking an experienced backend software generalist. We're looking for someone who knows algorithms, a few different languages, distributed systems, REST servers, Linux configuration, and maybe even some machine learning. If you want to be designing novel algorithms in C++ one day, writing Kotlin server code to expose your new algorithm as a REST endpoint the next, and then configuring the production deployment the day after that, then this is the opportunity for you!
Revl makes auto-editing software and smart action cameras. Our customers are sky diving operations, big auto industry players, and zip line operators. What they all have in common is that they want to use our cameras to capture their client's experiences and then use our software to automatically turn all that footage into a great final edited video that they can sell to their customers. Our auto editing software is fast: a final rendered video is ready less than two minutes after the client has completed the experience! You can see our complete system in action here: https://youtu.be/8RmMQafi9Us.
We are well funded by several reputable VC's and Angel Investors including Y Combinator, Comcast Ventures, Frog Design Ventures, Luma Pictures, Bill Tai, and Lars Rasmussen. We offer competitive salary, early equity, and health insurance.
We are a distributed software team so you can be located anywhere in the USA. Our main office is a beautiful, commuter friendly space in SoMa San Francisco, where we also offer daily catered lunches for all local employees.
- Strong skills in more than one language. C++, Kotlin, and Python preferred but not required (we know a good engineer can learn a new language fast)
- Experience with server-side Java or Kotlin (Kotlin preferred)
- Passionate about code quality
- Distributed systems knowledge
- Experience with multiple databases, both SQL and non-SQL
- Experience managing complex systems in production
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred but not necessary:
- Strong user experience instincts
- Video editing experience
- Machine learning and/or math background
- Open source contributions (please provide links)
- iOS and/or Android development experience