We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome. We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create an unfair advantage for the most important global companies.This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Engineering Team. We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fueled by technology. Featuring world-class business leaders, product designers, engineers and technology professionals with a passion for innovative and emerging digital solutions, our Engineering Team assists influential global leaders to imagine, develop and launch digital businesses and solutions with transformative power.From mobile applications and ecommerce to original and developing digital products and services, they address challenges at their core and develop products, services and experiences that disrupt markets, generate value and positively impact millions of lives.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will:
- Use data-driven insights to craft new software products. You will be involved from the early stages of defining data needs and sourcing data, all-the-way through to productionising predictive models as part of working systems. As a data scientist, you have a solid grounding in scientific work and are able to define and communicate key metrics to stakeholders, as you progress through delivery.
- Work as part of the engineering team to develop deployable and scalable software.
- Rapidly plan, design, implement and test solutions to data-science problems.
- Perform analysis on large sets of data to extract actionable insights and help drive decisions.
- Work on end-to-end projects to ensure your findings are executed and tested in a desired way.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, product managers, designers and engineers across the company who are passionate about building creative ventures.
- Be a collaborating partner to product development teams, making and giving recommendations
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will need:
- Solid experience as a data scientist, with a degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or a related quantitative discipline.
- Experience developing software in a contemporary programming language (such as Python, Java, C++, R).
- Practical experience using contemporary machine learning frameworks, such as caret, scikit-learn, tensorflow or similar.
- Familiarity with current approaches and methodologies in solving core machine learning tasks, such as supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Experience driving real world product or feature decisions based on your analysis.
- Deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense.
- Ability to understand and solve loosely defined problems, find answers and actionable insights to inform product development decisions.
- Ability to query, manipulate and analyse large datasets.
Additional valued capabilities include:
- PhD or similar research degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas.
- Expertise in recommender systems, personalization, collaborative filtering and content based filtering.
- Experience working with deep-learning models to solve visual and language problems.
- Open-source contributions to contemporary and relevant machine-learning libraries.
- Ability to work with dashboard and visualization software (such as Tableau, D3, Mixpanel, Flurry or Google Analytics).
- Experience collaborating closely with research to design novel analytical approaches.
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, streaming data processing, cloud architecture.