Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Payment Team @Heetch
We work behind the scenes to ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved in payment transactions. We are responsible for the proper handling of millions of euros across thousands of daily rides , and everyone is counting on us to deliver reliably and efficiently.
- We work hand in hand with the Data, Product and Operations teams to improve our product while protecting our bankrolls and maintaining compliance and cleanliness in our accounting records:
- Numbers, numbers everywhere.
- We help users manage their payment methods and coupons, a crucial part of the passenger onboarding experience.
- We make sure drivers get paid on time for their work by providing them with a seamless experience so they don’t have to worry about their money.
- Fraudsters are like zombies, one breach, and you’ll face an army of them.
- 1 cent can become over 9000 cents if you don’t pay attention.
Our team's values
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
- Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Brussels or Casablanca.
- The courage to fail: We celebrate the wins, but more importantly we're not afraid to fail, we always learn and go again.
- Team Unity: No one is left behind.
- Code quality: It's not software without tests.
Does it sound like you?
- Golang is your current language and you have a solid experience using it. But that doesn't mean you're against other languages.
- You enjoy operating on the architecture of a large and high-scale application.
- You embrace the microservices architecture. You also know that their cons that come with it but you know how to handle them.
- Event-Driven architecture is also something you understand and push for.
- You are used to taking care of complex business logic and ambiguous edge cases.
It's a plus if...
- You have experience with Ruby/Elixir (On transition to Golang but the codebase is still mainly in Ruby and a bit of Elixir)
- You have experience with message brokers (such as Kafka, RabbitMQ) and event-driven architectures.
What will you do?
- Take part in the design and specifications of new features and products. A new form to help the marketing teams launch their campaign in every bar in a new city? Check. Improve our fraud detection models to fight card testers that got their hands on thousands of stolen credit cards? Sure!
- Use state of the art tools and standards to ship code quickly and safely (continuous integration, code review, automated testing, etc).
- The daily job of our team is to write Golang microservices that communicate via HTTP, RabbitMQ and gRPC, deployed using Docker on a Mesos/Marathon cluster.
- Communicate with each other. We are a remote-first team and company, working from our home or our Parisian office. We synchronize whenever needed (discussions around specs, pair programming, code reviews) so no-one is left alone.
- Always improve. Everyone makes mistakes, and we all can learn from each other. We value personal progress and want you to look back proudly on what you’ve done.
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
- Non-technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
- Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
- Interview with your future teammates (1h)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders