We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate innovator to join our machine learning team. A successful candidate will bring a mix of real-world experience, vision and the ability to execute on that vision.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Use machine learning techniques to develop document recognition applications
- Create utilities to prepare and normalize data
- Work with the fellow data scientists and machine learning developers to establish standards
- Prepare and maintain data used to create trained models, and the models themselves
- Performance tuning of the trained models
- Validation of trained models
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Computer-related degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional or research experience with software development, algorithms, modeling, or machine learning
- Strong OOP coding skills
- Experience with a machine learning platform such as: TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, or Encog
- Experience working with large data sets, both structured and unstructured
- Solid understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-means, k-NN, - Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, HMM, Neural nets, Deep learning etc.
- Experience creating workflows and rule engines
- Awareness of design patterns such as repository, factory, and composition
- Awareness of principles such as SOLID, YAGNI, and DRY
- Onsite, full-time attendance
- Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, or related field with 5+ years of professional or research experience with software development, algorithms, modeling, or machine learning OR 8+ years of professional experience
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
United Shore is a diverse group of over 2,200 mortgage experts, sales superstars, tech gurus, marketing whizzes, and more – all working toward the same goals. We’re a $30 billion and growing, family-owned-and-operated company that still feels like family. We have an award-winning workplace that just happens to be home to the #1 wholesale mortgage lender in the country, United Wholesale Mortgage. We’re committed to a 40-hour workweek. And we believe in setting our team members up for success by creating a unique, energetic culture where you can be yourself and still reach your goals.
Here are just a few of the reasons you’ll love working here:
- Be well here - Salta Direct is our in-house doctor’s office, available to all team members!
- Work-life balance. Give us 40-hours and the rest is yours.
- Generous benefits package including health and wellness, community involvement, personal and professional development, and rewards and recognition
- Free fruit, soft drinks, and coffee
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast, lunch, sushi Mondays, and Mediterranean food.
- State-of-the-art fitness center open 5 a.m.–11 p.m. daily
- 24/7 convenience store
- Our very own Starbucks
- Cool company events that always include a surprise or two
- Lawn vouchers to concerts at DTE Energy Music Theater