Multiple positions open at the Mid-Level, but also seeking Jr, and Sr. level developers.
- Contribute to requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Contribute to creating feature specifications and technical design blueprints.
- Develop custom capabilities in Visual Studio based on specifications and technical designs.
- Operate within the dynamics of a team; exercise proper etiquette and project stewardship during all phases of development.
- Create server-side functionality using object-oriented design principles. Code quality is of utmost importance to BlueBolt’s development teams.
- Take responsibility for unit and system testing, as needed. This may be lead by development team or though separate team or contracting service.
- Play a part in user acceptance testing requirements and subsequent remediations.
- Help define and determine performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation.
Required Skills and Abilities – “Must Have” and “Nice To Have”
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and current design patterns/practices. An ability to demonstrate examples of code quality and discuss development best practices will be an absolute requirement.
- Experience with, and deep knowledge of:
- The .NET Framework including Visual Studio, C#, and ASP.NET.
- Experience designing relational databases and optimizing database structure in order to maximize performance and to assure maintainability and the ability to design and optimize queries.
- Experience with Object Relational Modeling (ORM) using different tools such as Entity Framework (and/or nHibernate) and LINQ.
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and build management with Team Foundation Server (or similar).
- Been responsible for refactoring components of development processes.
- Self-motivated, but team oriented.
- Passionate about maintaining standards and best practices within software implementation processes.
- Exhibit an Eagerness to learn and work outside the workplace, and to dig into areas unknown fearlessly.
- Independent, detail-oriented, and can present oneself as a good change agent when needed.
- Can share exceptional relationship management skills and encourages others to do the same.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Naturally understanding of sound business practices and can anticipate and exceed customer expectations.
Nice to Have
- Prior experience developing and supporting scalable web applications, especially high frequency, low latency applications that optimize memory management, performance, and scalability.
- Experience in development and implementations using one or more of the following CMS and Ecommerce platforms
- Microsoft SharePoint (CMS or Document Management solution)
- Sitecore (CMS)
- DNN (CMS)
- Umbraco (CMS)
- SiteFinity (CMS)
- EPiServer (CMS)
- Drupal (PHP CMS
- Kentico (CMS)
- Ecommerce: Demandware, uCommerce, EPiServer Commerce, Cloudcraze
- Prior Styling and Responsive Design techniques using technologies such as LESS, HTML5, Bootstrap, and SASS.
- Experience with Client-side browser development using jQuery, Knockout, AngularJS, and React JS; emphasis on Single Page Applications (SPA).
- Experience with native mobile application development on iOS or Android.
- Has worked previously in digital agencies or has actual consulting experience.
- Project management experience or has had actual project delivery responsibility at some level.
- Able and willing to travel and visit clients, as needed.
Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent work experience – Usually a BS in Computer Science or similar
Benefits and Perks at BlueBolt
- 4 weeks of PTO for everyone on BlueBolt Staff
- Casual Dress
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical (BlueBolt pays 100% for staff member, 50% for dependents)
- Dental (BlueBolt pays 100% for staff member, 50% for dependents)
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability (100% paid by BlueBolt)
- 401k with Company Matching
- Intelligentsia Coffee / Premium Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Outstanding River North location + Easy commute for Pubic Transit