Surge Forward is looking for smart, self-motivated, experienced, senior-level consultants who enjoy the freedom of telecommuting and flexible schedules, to work as long-term, consistent (40 hrs/week) independent contractors on a variety of software development projects.
Software Architect – Networking R&D
Our cutting-edge tech company will be opening an office soon in the Scottsdale area and we are looking for a Software Architect to join our R&D team. We want a candidate that possesses passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation in networking and connectivity technology.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or related field. Masters preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Architect or similar role.
- 10+ years of experience with software development
- Outstanding knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Strong background in theory or practice for one of the following topics
- PHY or MAC operations for Wi-Fi or other wireless technologies
- Machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning
- Software defined infrastructure, including software defined radio
- Wireless sensing using radio or other frequencies
- Enterprise mobility, BYOD, and indoor-location-based services
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Enterprise security
- Linux internals and the open source stack
- Networking, routing/switching, L3/L4, TCP/IP
- Security products such as firewalls, proxies, inspection engines, classification engines
- Strong software system building skills
- Track record of innovation evidenced by development of novel systems, products, publications, or patents.
Only candidates located in the US or Canada can be considered at this time. Sorry, No Visa Sponsorship.
Resume must include the tech stack under each job directly on the resume in order to be considered.
For immediate consideration, email resume and include your cell phone number and start date: firstname.lastname@example.org
See related AI/ML Jobs