As one of the fastest growing e-commerce and logistics companies in Asia, RedMart offers an unparalleled scaling a startup experience. Our culture: entrepreneurial, fiercely intelligent, team oriented, deeply creative and whatever you add to it! We’re fanatical about improving our customer experience and providing “wow” customer service. We're interested in talented, creative and passionate people joining our All-Star team who believe in our mission: To save our customers time and money for the important things in life!"
The Discovery team is responsible for driving customers to find and shop for relevant items on RedMart's e-commerce websites and mobile applications. We cover search technologies, catalog management and related services and recommendation services to deliver a great customer experience. We are looking for a Search Engineer/Data Scientist who cares deeply about customers and users to help develop the next generation of search and personalization at RedMart. You will build data mining systems to tackle hard problems in understanding and predicting consumer behavior to offer items to customers which are most relevant to them.
You will work with engineers, product managers, designers and business analysts in Discovery to develop innovative new technologies and data driven features and products. You will also work closely with other Data Scientists to collaborate on projects and share techniques and learnings. If you enjoy working with data to build products and solve hard problems in surprisingly creative ways, this is the role for you.
- Deep expertise in search, preferably in e-commerce. Excellent knowledge on improving search incrementally as well as making step-changes such as applying NLP, text mining, etc.
- Proven track record building robust search systems and achieving strong results
- Expertise in personalization and recommender systems
- Able to guide a team of engineers to identify and break down necessary architecture and services to support search and personalization services
- Able to guide and work well with a team of engineers to implement Machine Learning algorithms and models, as well as implementing necessary software
- Solid understanding of search metrics and implementing tracking to measure performance
- Solid understanding of search engines and utilizing features effectively. Familiarity with ElasticSearch is a plus
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing Machine Learning algorithms and models.Background in Machine Learning,Statistics & Information Retrieval
- Design, implement, test robust technical solutions that our high traffic site/apps can rely on
- Write clean code that’s testable, maintainable, solves the right problem and does it well. Code you can be proud of.
- Phd, Masters, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, etc.) a plus, but by no means a must
- Experience programming in functional languages (Scala,Golang,Haskell, Clojure etc.) a plus but not a must
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python/R, familiarity with web frameworks a plus
- Experience with Java and/or Scala and microservices is a plus
- Understanding of A/B testing
- Able to be a key influencer in the team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning, showing good judgement making technical trade-offs between the team’s short term and long term business needs, and the needs of the company as a whole
- Strong team player: Superb communication skills, thrives in a collaborative environment and be committed to the success of the team as a whole.
- Critical thinking: ability to track down complex data and engineering issues, evaluate different algorithmic approaches, and analyze data to solve problems
- Creativity: you can conceive of new data driven products, features, and technologies
- Results: you prioritize, focusing on ideas and features that will have significant, measurable impact
- Planning & estimation: ability to set and meet your own project objectives & milestones
- Communicate results and progress internally and externally in meetings, presentations, and tech talks
- Passion for technology. Our developers are always evaluating new tools and technologies that can make us better. What has attracted your interest lately?