Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. Youll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. Youll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products.Data Science and Machine Learning Engineer
creates shareholder value by leveraging JPMC proprietary data assets, the latest big data technologies, and top talent with skills across data science and data engineering to develop innovative solutions that are both customized and scalable. Team members will also serve in an advisory role and help identify and influence the adoption of common tools and platforms, and drive connectivity across the Corporate and LOB teams. The team will engage with LOBs to identify opportunities to leverage big data modeling techniques, technologies and platforms to solve complex problems and deliver stakeholder value.
This person is an individual contributor that should be able to apply quantitative, data science and analytical skills to complex problems. He/or she should be able to work across teams to design, develop, and evaluate and execute against those data science and analytical solutions with a keen functional understanding of the business problem. He/she will be responsible for data analysis, modeling, including model selection and producing quick applicable modeling solutions.
The VP/Associate will serve as a thought leader including advising on optimal solutions and opining on challenger models. The role works on strategic, highly visible projects firm wide. It is an opportunity to have meaningful impact on a large scale at a leading financial services firm. The role will develop data-centric solutions that move the bottom line for the firm.The Position Offers An Opportunity To
The successful candidate is a self-starter who can design, plan and execute on projects to meet specific client needs.
- Apply strategic, analytical and data science skills to broad range of challenges faced by the enterprise.
- Gain technical expertise in cutting edge big data tools and technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark,
- Advance quantitative capability by developing impactful assets for clients using a variety of techniques (e.g., regressions, decision trees, ensemble algorithms, neural networks, time series analytics, clustering, anomaly detection, text analytics, etc.).
- Develop deep domain knowledge of Corporate teams and processes.
- Become a trusted client advisor and develop strategic relationships across the firm.
- Grow leadership skills by managing clients and projects, and by socializing new ideas across the firm.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced degree or undergraduate degree with 3-5 years work experience in analytical field (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, Physics), data bootcamp certification, or industry experience in analytical roles (e.g., consulting, modeling, data analysis).
- Ability to work in a team as a self-directed contributor with a proven track record of being detail orientated, innovative, creative, and strategic.
- Influencer with great interpersonal skills and proven ability to achieve alignment across a range of different views and interests.
- Strong aptitude for technical concepts and ideas.
- Thought leader in data science and analytics who can define analytical agenda for projects, demonstrates ability to frame ambiguous business questions into analytical plans (e.g., assessing data needs, sourcing files, preparing data, creating new features, evaluating quality, etc.), and executes with precision.
- Knowledge of modern data mining, quantitative research, and data science techniques. (e.g., multiple of: regressions, decision trees, ensemble algorithms, neural networks, time series analytics, clustering, anomaly detection, text analytics, etc.)
- Experience across broad range of modern data science and analytics tools. (e.g., SQL, Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Python, R and Jupyter Notebook)
- Excellent communicator able to convey complex information in an understandable, compelling, and persuasive manner to senior executives.
- Financial services background preferred, but not required.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., youre not just working at a global financial institution. Youre an integral part of one of the worlds biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and were building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If youre looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.